Pages

29 June 2012

Artist's studio


 ~Acrylic on Canvas~
1m x 1m

Based on the topic of an artists studio this painting was for my TAFE class. It was the very first topic we had at the beginning of the year but I hadn't completed it till a few weeks ago and so here it is.  This is not my real studio as I don't actually have one and so I used my creative head. It was very difficult at first for me to come up with this idea and I had to first go through all the bad ideas to come to this. I went through the immediately obvious choices, through the semi-plagiaristic ideas and then onto the mind block moments. I got there eventually though.

I rather like how this turned out; I love the balance of the painting compositionally and because it was supposed to be monochromatic I enjoy the greens and blues [I know, not exactly monochrome]. Anyway, I enjoyed this, even if acrylic is a pain, drying so fast!

Enjoy =)

©Holly Cashman.
Any images on my blog are not to be reposted without linking back to here or without reference to me as the artist and not to be altered in any way without my written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment