Pages

7 June 2012

LUNA PARK

I was thinking the other day that my blog was a little desolate and empty and so the bright idea came to me that I should post something. To keep my many followers *cough* Mum *cough* happy, I decided to post this bright and colourful, yet bleak image to satisfy and I hope that it will suffice. I spent many hours plotting out its composition in my head before taking these photographs....*cough*

These were taken at Luna Park at the start of April for TAFE's Workshop week. For those who don't attend the St George TAFE and happened to have stumbled upon my humble blog this is a week dedicated to one project which allows us to do a self-directed work, rather than a structured piece within our syllabus or pre-determined classes.

The first day of the week is spent casing out our themed destination; getting all the info and reference materials we will need. In other words we simply walk around taking photographs while the rare dedicated student scribbles little sketches in their book. We are then required to use our creative little minds to shape an art piece in any medium we like, based on the previously mentioned place; Luna Park. We spend the rest of the week on this little side project under the tyrannical eye/guidance of our teachers (I'm kidding, the teachers at St George are actually rather lovely!) and then are required to finish the work in our own time... Something I'm not sure is best in my case.

Though I have these photographs they are not the piece I will be handing in. These were my reference photos while I was still not sure what I was wanting to achieve nor what I would create under the overwhelming amount of colour my senses were bombarded with. I liked these purely for self-interest.

The real project I have been working on is a patterned Paper Mache clown. He stands at approximately 2 feet and is still in the paper mache-ing stage. I hope to have him complete soon but I must first put rocks in his feet, finish papering his legs and then dunk him in a vat of House paint before I even get down to applying the delicate patterns I copied from Luna Parks walls and merry-go-round. In either case, I shall post photographs of him in his various stages at a later date, for now, I simply want to post these photographs.

Enjoy!

 LUNA PARK, SYDNEY, NSW, AUSTRALIA



©Holly Cashman.
Any images on my blog are not to be reposted without linking back to here or without reference to me as the artist and not to be altered in any way without my written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment